My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Tuesday 9 December 2014

How to make a: Barn

Greetings everyone,

Hope you are all well.
Today I prepared a new video (perhaps it will be my new trend) for a model Barn I made.

It took me a piece of paper to get this:

And prepare this:


As you will see in the video it is somehow versatile, and can be used in various eras, from Middle Ages to WW2.


I hope you like it.

If you have any questions on the method I used for making the model, please do not hesitate to ask.
T.

14 comments:

  1. Great looking barn Thanos! Very good video too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome video and barn. I might switch out balsa for my coffee stirrers though. Need to get some vinyl tiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you James, you can always use some mdf for the base if you have some already available - no need to go over some new expenses.

      Delete
  3. Nice.

    One piece of advice. Try cutting the balsa freehand rather than using a knife. It gives a more realistic effect.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Tony, didn't think of that to be honest. Next post will be about something totally irregular. :)

      Delete
  4. Great tutorial, Mr. T. !!! I appreciate your creativeness and talent to present your creation in such a entertaining useful way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent-tutorial ! thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just realised that I made a mistake in my earlier post!

    I meant to say don't use a ruler - but cut the Balsawood freehand (with a knife) for a more natural effect.

    Sorry.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The deamon has made his appearance. No worries Tony, I understood perfectly what you meant by the essence of your comment. Thanks for coming back to make things right (even though you didn't have to). :-)

      Delete
  7. Great job, creative and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent work on this building! Usefull for all of us!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete