My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Thursday 1 November 2012

Fortress Models - Opel Blitz - Finished

Good afternoon ladies & gentlemen.

Have a good month and may I welcome you to my new post, which is called ''Fortress Models - Opel Blitz - Finished''. In one of my previous posts, I showed you some new models I purchased from Fortress Models and Rapid Fire (RTR). These past few days, I've been painting like a mad man models and figures - life didn't come in the way - yippe!

Below you will see the photos of the finished Opel Blitz's (Fortress Models) alongside two Pegasus German Trucks that I had bought and painted in the past - they needed a bit of refurbishment to blend together with the other trucks. Thanks to you Paul, I now have this idea (refurbishment) whizzling in my mind! :-)

I still owe you the photos of the Crusader Gun Tractors that I got, and the photos of the 17 pdr guns, and the photos of their crews, and the photos of the.....well you get the idea of how many things I am about to upload in this blog, so you have to see what's coming, soon. :-)

The models were painted very easily, since the level of detail and sculpting is crisp and clear. Good robust models, ideal for us who don't want to spend their youth while building kits from scratch. I am a lazy sod, I know... 

Off we go guys! 



And my old Pegasus German Trucks. I think they look better now. 



Well, that was it!
Until next time, hope you all have a good Thursday night! :-)
Thanos

33 comments:

  1. Great looking trucks mate. The camo and weathering is especially good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanos, excellent painting work, I fell shame of my models!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame? What for mate? It's only a means of keeping our heads together mate, never forget that. As long as you sacrifice your hours for sth like that, you are some steps higher than a lot of people, who watch the telly while drinking beer! :)

      Delete
  3. Great work Thanos, I like these models and have their radio truck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be one of next purchases Fran. Thank you for your kind words! :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. The models have just proven their impecable beauty!:)

      Delete
  5. The weathering really makes these special Thanos. And the detail of darkened exhaust and oil on that front grill is superb. I'm glad you found time to paint my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If life doesnt get in the way Anne, then I know what to do for my little men! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  6. Very nice work on the trucks! Too bad there is a P-47D somewhere that's going to blow them up! (:0)=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they existed once, then their 'beauty' has been written in the vast books of history! Thank you Jay!! :)

      Delete
  7. They are things of beauty mate- you are churning out some great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Put the blame on the paints and the brushes John. I only wished to have more time (and money) to devote them to my models! :)

      Delete
  8. Great work T super weathered camo. How about a comparison photo of the Fortress alongside the Pegasus truck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Greg! Will be sending you a comparison photo soon! :)

      Delete
  9. More top quality painting the 'Thanos Motor Pool' is certainly expanding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And is in need of new storage boxes! Thank you Michael. :)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you Al. They were a bit pricey, but they came out rather well. It's the prerogative for quality (cost). :)

      Delete
  11. That was quick work! Very nice looking trucks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really great job mate, I never fitted windscreens to mine and yours look great with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These fortress models have the windscreens on them Rich, I didnt add them. You can see how lazy sod I am by looking the pegasus trucks, that come without any windscreens. Thank you for your kind words. :)

      Delete
  13. Ten out of ten T.

    Really great work on these assets.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You ought to be a part of a contest for one of the best sites on the
    net. I'm going to highly recommend this site!

    my site - what is a graduate certificate

    ReplyDelete