My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Monday 26 March 2012

Russian Artillery (Part 5)

Good day and good week guys!

During last weekend, I've been trying to paint many figures for my Allied forces (artillery units), but, as you fellow modelers know, when you're trying to finish one project, another one emerges, and this time some Russian GAZ Trucks, that I ordered the other day from Frontline Wargaming, came with the post (synchronization is sth that I am trying to achieve when painting, so as not to stay with no figures and models left, when I finish every unit I want to make), in order to keep the pace. That doesn't mean I succeed every time I try it, because right now I have to paint almost 35 figures, 6 GAZ trucks and 2 Howitzers (leave aside the 4 105mm US howitzers, I am still waiting to receive from the US)!!!

Even though I had to paint the figs first, I couldn't leave my new models alone in the dark corner of my workshop - what kind of a host would I be after all? That's why I decided to paint the basic colours to these models and I now have to paint the details next, alongside some weathering I need to make as well.
The colours that I used were:

  1. FOW War Spray - Russian Armor SP02 (Primer)
  2. GW Badab Black (Wash)
  3. VMC 70.894 Russian Green (Heavy Drybrush)
  4. VMC 70.924 Russian Uniform (Drybrush for the models' edges and details)
The photos are a bit blurry, but I will make it up to you with photos of the finished models (when I manage to paint them....)!


Have a great day!

T.

12 comments:

  1. Lovely progress Thanos, what did you think of Frontline's models apart from being cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Fran.
      Frontline's models are rather good, but a bit too fiddly for my brute hands (they are my first resin kits). I had some minor accidents, but I'll call them ''Battle damages''!

      Delete
  2. Mate, you will be a busy beaver with all this!

    Good progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As if I didn't have other models to paint...I admit it Paul, I'm addicted!

      Delete
  3. very cool. that russian army is going to be a formidible fighting force

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx mate!
      It will be big and numerous, as it was in reality. :)

      Delete