My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Pizza, figures and a modelling knife....[Italeri US Paratroopers (101st Screaming Eagles)]

Good day everyone!

As I told you in my previous post, some days ago I bought a kit of US Paratroopers from Italeri (ex Esci). I am very pleased with the quality of these figures, and for this reason these past few days I've been painting figs from this kit only (at least when sth else catches my eye... - you know how it goes...) :-)

For this post, I did a little bit of everything. I ate pizza (and kept the plastic round thing for the box protection), I made a small conversion (a fig's torso (carrying a bazooka) from Italeri's (ex Esci) American Infantry (#6046), placed on a paratroopers' rifleman lower end and, of course I painted some supporting weapons for my new force (a bazooka and a .30 calibre mg).



Now, I have to paint some mortars..... :-)

I hope you like 'em!

T.

14 comments:

  1. Your doing some great work with these US paras, and good use for the pizza spacer, well done Thanos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Dan, they look excellent. I cannot understand how you were ablo to paint the arm patches in such tiny models

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent use of the materials and forever have happy reminders of pizza when you take the figure out....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really, really nice conversion! And the MG team are also looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really showcasing your ability Sir! Any excuse to order pizza is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this set! Nice job on them.
    I still have a couple of them laying around at home. These were the first figures I ever honestly tried to paint, well about 14 years ago :)
    I'll revive them some day...

    Cheers,
    Mojo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice modeling, Sir. I'll be back to visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent! Αλλα πως μπορεις να τρως Pizza Hut? Dominos και παλι Dominos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant work T, I too like this set and have it and Imex and Revell set waiting to make up my Easy Co.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent figures, love the basing too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work, they look fantastic. Great recycling too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice work!
    But you have the machine gun tripod sideways......the two short legs point backwards (toward the gunner)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent work as ever Thanos! I'm particularly impressed with the bazooka conversion. The pose looks really natural and convincing. Just a pity that Panzer already seems to have spotted him, wonder who fired first?

    ReplyDelete