My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Friday 11 November 2011

Now, who took my parking space??????

Good day everyone!

First of all, I would like to thank you for your participation in this quiz! You guys are really something! :-)
Unfortunately, the answers given were not correct, but you must be excused, since I forgot to mention that besides the cd's and the wood skewers I would also use some gauze....
This is how I created some camouflaged ''Parking Spaces'' - you know lack of parking ''slots'' was giving a pain to guys back in the 40's also!
The pieces of gauze were cut into appropriate pieces (well, some basic rectangles to be exact), and were then soaked in some water-thinned PVA glue. They were then sprayed with a green colour, so as to blend with the rest of the landscape. A bit of PVA to glue them on the posts, and presto they are! :-)

Each ''Parking space'' may take two trucks, one AFV and loads of cans and barrels and ammo boxes and, and, and...


I hope you like them!

T.

P.S: I would like to add some foliage on top of the nets, any suggestions??

10 comments:

  1. That's very clever! I might have to build some for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh that was a clever way of doing something I've been thinking of for years but never got around to. Now I will, thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah, nice one Thanos. I was thinking of doing this last week for my Arty field positions, but could not find my gauze dressing material.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I thought my guess was right though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent idea, and I'm glad Thomas was the first from our group saying he would do it. Saves me the trouble :-)
    /J

    ReplyDelete
  6. The miniature model looks so cute! :) Everything seems so real, and the design is certainly clever! I think it would look nicer, though, if you add a little rivulet with water lilies in it.

    ReplyDelete