My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Monday 11 July 2011

A nice little village. . . in the East!

Good day and good week everyone!

This last weekend was one of the warmest in Athens (38 C), so the possibility of me taking my paints out and paint, was simply out of the question - they would dry in no time!
But, a weekend without playing is a weekend not worth,that's why I decided to lay out most of the things I've made so far for the Eastern Front. I like to see it as a nice little village, peaceful until the war comes. . . :-)
The village has some buildings from Pegasus Hobbies, fences which are scratch build (balsa strips), roads (scratch build) made by vinyl tiles, tree stands (ready made trees) - made from old CD's and wheatfields - made by a doormat! :-)










Do you have any suggestions, of what else I should add to this piece of terrain to improve it?

I hope you like it!

T.

8 comments:

  1. Veeeery Nice Mate!!! When you are looking for Terrainsuggestions, maybe put an russian wooden church on the Table and wooden Fences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful T, you always inspire me..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a great looking layout, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's bloody lovely, I would add livestock and civilians or burnt out wrecks of previous encounters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe a windmill or a cattle ranch? It is a wonderfull table you have there, I can imagine it in lots of different settings from ECW or Seven Years War till WW2!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent work filtate. I would highly recommend Alexey Kravchenko's "Come and See" which has one of the most well done scenes of an Einsatzaktion (I hope I spelled that right) in a Russian village.

    Dimitri

    ReplyDelete
  7. A pond or water well? something so that they can drink and wash thier clothes?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you guys!!!
    Suggestions noted! Now, I have to search the net for more stuff!! :-)
    @Dimitri: I have ordered it through play.com! Efharistw gia thn protash! :-)

    ReplyDelete