My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Tuesday 26 October 2010

Addicted to Normandy

Good day everyone!
As you probably have thought from the blog's title, today I am uploading some photos of my new babies. Two new buildings for my collection. They are nothing special, but they blend well with the others that I already have.

Leaving aside these two buildings, I have decided to try some new methods in scratch-building the components of my project! That's why I ordered some new goodies from Wills and Slaters' building accessories to experiment a bit!

Stay tuned! :-)

Be polite though, and give a look at these two buggers!!! :-) Thx!

T.









11 comments:

  1. Looking good! I like the store front with awning. Will you be painting words on the store? I have a photo that my grandfather took somewhere in France (or French-speaking Belgium). The store looks just like your model.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bloody terrifcic mate bloody trerrific

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful T, some really nice work. Certainly look forward to seeing some games with it; pity I don't live a bit closer:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again Thanos you are setting the standard. Well done.

    Thanos, I was wondering if any of these masterpieces will have some shelling damage?

    ReplyDelete
  5. T, please stop you are putting us to shame!!!! I can only quote Conrad "bloody terrifcic mate bloody terrific" Could we have a few close-ups of the shop front? May I use this idea in the future?

    GReg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is excellent. These houses are great and the street makes me envious ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, I see you got even more houses that what you've shown at Benno's Forum. That's going to be one great looking town!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for you nothing but very kind words!
    @Andrew: I am not that skilled to write/paint words on the store I made. It needs practice, and up to now, I am simply making the buildings against my sleeping hours, by reducing them! :-)Perhaps I'll give it a shot, when I find some time (I wish my employer could read that and gave me some days off)!!
    @Al: I wish I had someone like you, Paul or the rest of the people who see my work somewhere close to my city to meet up and play games! Loneliness is a big aspect in my hobby life!
    @Paul: I have not yet learned how to make damage on my buildings. I prefer (nice way of expressing lack of knowledge) them nice and clean. The goal is to make a satisfying number of buildings, to cover as much groun as possible, and then to play with new methods. Baby step at a time! :-)
    @GReg: My friend, I'll take some close up photos of the store, but I am telling you already that it was a very generic idea implemented on the wall! Stripes of foamcore and balsa, 2 pins, and a piece of card for the awning!That's it!
    I would also feel very honoured if I was a bit of inspiration for at least a person in our hobby!You have the technical expertise with your amazing buildings, my ideas are mere pics for you to make them stand on the field!
    Thx again everyone!
    T.

    ReplyDelete
  9. On my blog I posted my grandfather's photo of a café. When I first looked at it I thought it was France, but now I think it is in Belgium. Still, it's a nice reference for café signage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I've only just come across your blog and have to say it's some pretty impressive work! Making scenery is one of my favourite parts of the hobby, but I'm not quite as productive! These buildings are very nice. Realistic details and they fit nicely into the whole street.

    ReplyDelete