My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Monday 11 January 2010

Pegasus Russian Infantry Winter Clothing

These are a few photos of my ''Red Comrades'' dressed in their Telogreikas.

The Telogreika was particularly effective at keeping the wearer warm in the harsh Russian Winter. When worn with valenki (winter footwear) and an ushanka (fur cap) the wearer could comfortably remain warm in sub-zero temperatures for long periods. This made it the perfect uniform for the Red Army during their so-called ''Great Patriotic War''.

Enjoy!!




2 comments:

  1. Wow very good indeed.
    I have to buy this set it looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good!!! I wish we leave in the same city and play wargames together, Its a shame! Fantastic russian Infantry, im sure that now i will buy this set!!!

    ReplyDelete